It has been sometimes since my last post on this blog, and it's because I don't have new cards to share. Don't worry, I'm not loosing my passion of making card, it's just the spare time that I don't have.
But I'm glad I have the time this weekend to make two cards. I'm going to share one of them today and another one tomorrow.
I just want to make something cute. The idea is to combine between die cutting and stamping technique. In fact, a lot of techniques and products involved, from die cutting, stamping, coloring, ink blending, and paper piecing.
See, that also has at least 3 layers. It's bulk.
Here are the steps:
1. I started by blending my card base with distress ink to create background.
2. Next, I die cut the birch tree from Impression Obsession dies using American Crafts wood grain cardstock. I applied little inks to raise the embossed woodgrain, can you see it?
3. I stamped the cute images from Lawn Fawn Love you S'more, color them with Copics and fuzzy cut.
4. I also die cut grassy border from Dienamics, blend them with Shabby Shutters & Peeled Paint distress ink.
5. For the text, I'm using Hero Arts LOL stamp.
6. After every elements ready, arranged them onto cardbase. I was using some adhesive foam to create dimension.
7. Finally, I cut a white cardstock as frame. Since I don't have rectangle die cut that fit the size of the card, I just used my craft knife.
Believe me, it cost me half day to finish the card. I think I'm crazy, LOL! But, I do enjoyed the whole process.
Here's the full card:
So that's all for now. Come back tomorrow, I'll have another card to share. See you.